All you need to know about paleo diet
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jan 01, 2022
You usually criticize your inactive lifestyle and eating habits for your weight gain and for your critical health conditions, which are stuffed with fast and processed foods. You might be wondering what is the best solution? Well, take a break from those sugary drinks or deep-fried chips and begin to eat like what prehistoric people used to eat.
This diet, called the paleo diet, is a unique eating plan, which is based on what our hunter-gatherer ancestors may have used to eat in the paleolithic period. The Paleo diet is ideal for those who want to lose weight. The fundamental concept of the paleo diet is to eat whole foods instead of processed foods. Although, it is hard to understand for beginners, what food you should eat in the paleo diet. Hence, here are all the details about the paleo diet that you should know.
Foods you should include in the paleo diet
- Meats: Meats will keep you feeling fuller for a long time. You can choose chicken, beef, pork, lamb, bacon, turkey, or any kind of lean protein.
- Seafoods: Seafoods are the main source of omega-3, especially wild caught seafoods that have high healthy nutrients. You can eat salmon, tuna, shrimp, trout and others.
- Eggs: Eggs are enriched with protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which makes them crucial in the paleo diet. Organic eggs and free-range eggs are usually high in omega-3.
- Fruits: The health benefits of eating fruits is mentionable. As those are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. You can eat apples, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, bananas, grapes, pears, peaches, plums and others.
- Vegetables: Vegetables take a huge part in a healthy paleo diet, since they are enriched with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants. Also, it is better to avoid consuming starchy vegetables, or you can use them in moderation, if you are wanting to lose weight. Prefer vegetables like tomatoes, onions, carrots, cauliflowers, cabbages, spinach, broccoli, kale etc.
- Nuts and seeds: Consuming nuts and seeds are very beneficial for your health, as these are loaded with healthy fats, fibers and protein. You can eat almonds, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, pine nuts, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds etc.
- Healthy oil: What oil you should use is more problematic than choosing foods. However, there are some oils which are healthy to consume such as coconut oil, olive oil, walnut oil, avocado oil and others.
The Paleo diet is completely based upon a prehistoric eating lifestyle. In this diet you have to avoid highly processed foods, trans fats, grains, artificial sugars. Besides, in a paleo diet you have to focus on meats, seafoods, eggs, vegetables, fruits, healthy oil, nuts and seeds. However, this is brief information about the paleo diet, to get started you can have beginner-friendly paleo diet recipes.