A brief on fatty liver : All you need to know
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Mar 22, 2022
Liver is the largest organ of the human body and the main functionality of the liver is to process the things we drink and eat. On the other hand, storing iron and vitamins is also one of the major functionalities of the liver. Besides, it also plays a key role in blood clotting as it synthesizes and produces protein, which is necessary for this functionality.
As a matter of fact, fatty liver is one of the most common disorders. There are still a huge number of people who are suffering from fatty liver and in so many cases, disorders like fatty liver have reportedly turned serious several times. This is the reason why it is a must to try to stay away from the chances of disorders like fatty liver.
What is fatty liver?
A certain amount of fat generally remains present in the liver. However, it can be considered as a fatty liver if the remaining fat amount is causing 5-10% weight of the organ. In other words, more than normal amount of fat in the liver is the basic reason for a fatty liver.
Signs and symptoms of a fatty liver
- A feeling of pain in the upper right sector of the stomach.
- Occurrence of weakness
- Appetite loss
Apart from all these, lethargy is also one of the prime signs of a fatty liver. It is always recommended to seek medical attention immediately if any of these symptoms start to get visible. Knowingly, leaving the habit of drinking and following all the necessary medical guidelines is the major way to find a cure for alcoholic fatty liver. However, there are certain precautions that you can take to get rid of non alcoholic fatty liver.
How to get rid of non alcoholic fatty liver?
- First of all, take all the necessary medications on time and do not miss even a single one.
- Try to lose weight but do not take steps ahead for losing weight too quickly or losing a gigantic percentage of weight at a time. Try to keep the weight losing process gradual.
- Foods that are high in fat or foods that are mostly dairy based should certainly be avoided to stay away from the chances of fatty liver.
- Including soya protein in your diet can help as soya protein is easier to digest for the liver.
- There are antioxidant properties present in green tea which can help in removal of toxins from your body.
Apart from all these, it is also hugely necessary to go for checkups on a regular basis if you have already been diagnosed with fatty liver. As a matter of fact, a huge number of pathology labs have already stepped in with the best health checkup solution for you. Get in touch with them today to get your liver tested.