5 Natural ways to strengthen your heart
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jun 14, 2022
We cannot deny the fact that most of the deaths around the globe are due to heart disease. People think that heart disease cannot be reversed, which is true but you can prevent them by controlling the risk factors and changing certain lifestyles.
You might not be aware that our heart is always working, without a gap of a single second. The importance of the heart for our body is unexplainable. The main working of the heart is to pump blood and oxygen to every part of the body. It also helps in managing the speed of heart rate, and blood pressure.
The heart issues may take place when your heart does not get the proper care and nourishment it needs. Damage in the heart arteries can contribute to plaque formation, which eventually leads to blockage of blood flow in the arteries. Now test yourself with a cardiac risk marker test, to make sure your heart is healthy.
What are the major risks of heart disease?
If you completely understand what risk factors can affect your heart, then it will be easier for you to take prevention for them accordingly. Do take the cardiac checkup to understand your heart health. Here are some complications which might affect you heart health:
- If you are a male over the age of 45
- If you are a female over the age of 55
- High blood pressure issues
- High cholesterol level
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Have family history of heart disease
- Excessive drinking
- Having an unhealthy diet
- Being physically inactive
- Excessive stress and depression
Top 5 Healthy tips to amplify your heart health
1. Prevention first starts with a healthy and well-balanced diet:
Having a well-balanced, basically healthy diet is the least yet the best thing you can do for your overall health. Just do keep in mind the diet tips mentioned below.
- You have to lower your daily consumption of sodium. Make sure that you consume only 1500mg of sodium each day.
- Cut out saturated fats in your diet, and concentrate on healthy fats. Because saturated fats can contribute to plaque buildup, which can cause blockage in the arteries.
- Dietary fiber is a very important component in a healthy diet. Why fiber? Because it hugely helps in reducing cholesterol levels, and it also can make you feel fuller for a longer period of time.
- Put a stop to fat dairy products and eat fresh fruits. You can try eating low fat dairy products in the place of high fat dairy products. Besides, everyone knows that eating fresh fruits and vegetables is very healthy, that it helps in keeping a healthy moderate weight.
2. Start exercising for good: The people who are physically inactive are more prone to develop heart disease than those who stay physically active. You can start your exercise regimen by doing low to medium intensity workouts. Doctors recommend doing at least 20 to 30 minutes of medium intensity workouts a day.
3. Try to lose some of those extra pounds: Having excess weight makes it difficult for your heart to pump blood. The heavier your heart pumps blood, the greater is the chance of getting high blood pressure. And this high blood pressure can be the cause of heart attack, stroke, kidney disease, and vision issues.
4. Quit smoking to prevent not only heart disease but many health concerns: The whole world knows that smoking is deadly. Misconception is that direct smoking is injurious, but passive smoking is also very fatal. If you are concerned with your health, it is high time that you should quit. Quitting can also prevent the health of the close ones of yours. You can also take professional help for quitting smoking.
5. Manage the stress and enjoy the quality of life: Stress is highly linked to high blood pressure. Stress is the one thing that we don't have the control of. But few things can help you to manage stress, such as exercise and a quality sleep. You can try doing meditation 10 to 15 minutes a day.
The most important thing to kill the stress is to spend time which gives you energy and happiness. Else you can reach out to your loved ones, who can give the mental support that you need at that time.
All these tips not only are good for your heart health, they can improve your overall health status. Additionally, don't forget to check your and your close one’s heart health with a lipid profile test or with a heart health checkup package.