5 Healthy ways to boost the vitamin D level in your body
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on Jul 29, 2022
In the two categories of vitamins, vitamin D comes into the category of fat-soluble vitamins. Not to be mentioned, each and every vitamins are a must for our body. Vitamin D is also a must needed vitamin for our body, as this helps in hardening our bones, promotes body growth, and also helps in absorbing calcium.
Our bodies are able to synthesize vitamin D but in order to have this vitamin, your body must be exposed to enough sunlight. Also, likewise any other vitamins you can also have this vitamin through many dietary foods. Certain healthy and natural ways to improve your vitamin D level in your body are discussed below.
5 Tips to increase your vitamin D level effortlessly
- Try to have good exposure to the sun: Sun exposure is one the chief sources of this vitamin, which is why this vitamin is also called the “sunshine vitamin”. Our skin has a type of cholesterol, when it is exposed to the sunlight it helps to generate vitamin D.
- Add more fatty fish and seafood into your diet: seafoods are naturally high in vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acid. Such seafoods are:
- Eat more egg yolks and mushrooms: Egg yolk is not only the tasty part of an egg, it is also very nutritious. It contains a high amount of vitamin D. Various studies have shown that free-range chicken and pasture-raised chicken eggs are more high in vitamin D.
While all the seafood and egg yolk are non-vegetarian options, mushrooms are the only vegetarian option. Humans are able to generate vitamin D, likewise mushrooms can also synthesize vitamin D in the exposure to the sun. Because of this, wild mushrooms contain high levels of vitamin D. However, it is advisable to buy from a reliable seller to avoid pronouns mushroom varieties.
- Consume fortified foods: Unlike the natural sources of vitamin D, some foods are fortified with vitamin D to increase the nutritional values. Some fortified foods are;
- Fortified cereals
- Soy milk
- Almond milk
- Cow milk
- Orange juice
However, the convenience of the fortified foods generally varies from country to country. And the amount of the vitamin D fortification also depends on the brand or company.
- You can choose vitamin d supplements: Using vitamin D supplements are the best alternatives of sunlight and foods for some people. Vitamin D supplements come in the form of ergocalciferol (D2) and cholecalciferol (D3). Ergocalciferol derives from plants, and cholecalciferol is derived from animals.
Typically the dosage depends on the current vitamin D level. As because the D2 form is derived from plants it is vegan-friendly, and more widely accessible than D form.
So, the easy ways to boost your vitamin D level is to eat vitamin D rich foods and be exposed to enough sunlight. However, if you feel you are having symptoms of low vitamin D level, such as bone weakness, muscles weakness and cramps, do check yourself with a vitamin d deficiency test. To know the vitamin d test cost contact your local laboratory.