The Torch All Eight is a panel of tests, which is used to detect infections in pregnant women. Infections can be passed on the fetus, early detection of infection can prevent complications in newborns. Torch All Eight test price is Rs. 1900.
This test covers eight parameters, including:
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) - IgG
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) - IgM
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) - IgG
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) - IgM
- Rubella - IgG
- Rubella - IgM
- Toxoplasma Gondii - IgG
- Toxoplasma Gondii - IgM
When to get tested?
A doctor may suggest this test in your first prenatal visit, or if you have symptoms of certain diseases which may cause complications in newborns. Conditions including:
- Intellectual disability
- Heart problems
- Low platelet levels
A medical expert will draw a small amount of blood from a vein in your arm. A Torch All Eight prices is reasonable.
No special preparation is needed. However, follow your doctor’s instructions. A Torch All Eight costs is not high.
- A positive result indicates that IgG and IgM antibodies have been found for one or more infections.
- A negative result indicates no IgG or IgM antibodies of any infection have been found.
You can book the Torch All Eight tests online as well.