What is a Progesterone test?
Progesterone test is used to measure the progesterone level in your blood. This test helps to diagnose the cause of infertility, miscarriages, abnormal uterine bleeding, and to monitor the health of a pregnancy.
When to get tested?
It is recommended to go for this test
- If you are not pregnant and having abnormal uterine bleeding
- If you are facing problem in getting pregnant
- If you are having any symptoms of ectopic pregnancy
- To monitor fetal health in pregnancy
A blood sample is required.
Birth control pills and progesterone supplements may affect your test result.
- Increased level of progesterone indicates excessive production of progesterone, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, ovarian cysts, ovarian cancer, adrenal cancer.
- Decreased level of progesterone indicates miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, failure to ovaluate, amenorrhea, pre-eclampsia.
Find a Progesterone test near you to get your test done.