What is a Free testosterone test?
Free Testosterone test’s purpose is to detect an unusual testosterone level. In men, this can help to diagnose the cause of erectile dysfunction or infertility. Besides, in women this will help to diagnose the cause of excess body hair, masculine physical features, and infertility or PCOS. In children, it will help to diagnose the cause of delayed or early puberty, and ambiguous genitalia.
When to get tested?
- In males, when you are unable to maintain an erection.
- For females, when you have excess body hair, or have unusual uterine bleeding, cannot menstruate or cannot get pregnant.
- In children, if a child is experiencing delayed or early puberty, and has genitals that are not clearly male or female.
Free Testosterone test price is very reasonable.
Blood will be required. Free Testosterone test book online facilities are there.
There is no special requirement needed. However, the sample will be collected in the morning.
- A low testosterone level may mean that you may have diseases such as type 2 diabetes, HIV, liver or kidney disease, injury to the testicles, mumps, Pituitary disease etc.
- An increased testosterone level signifies that you may have testicle or adrenal tumors, use of anabolic steroids.
- In babies or children, it may signify Congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
- An increased testosterone level can indicate polycystic ovary syndrome, Ovarian tumor, testosterone exposure, congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
Find a free Testosterone test near you to get your test done.