Our body requires energy for our day-to-day workings. Blood sugar or blood glucose is the fundamental energy source of our body. Diabetes or Diabetes mellitus is a life-long disease which occurs when your body fails to produce or utilize the blood sugar correspondingly.
Our pancreas produces a hormone called insulin, which helps in regulating the blood sugar level in your body. Generally, increased blood glucose or blood sugar level is determined as diabetes. This disease will impact your body's ability to produce insulin, or this hormone will not do their job as it should do.
Diabetes can hugely affect your body, it may contribute to heart disease, kidney disease, and eye issues. If you have diabetes which is not treated properly, it may damage your nerves and vessels over time. Doctor suggest sugar profile test if you have above symtoms.
What are the risk factors of diabetes?
- People over age 45
- People who have family history of diabetes
- People who are physically inactive
- People who have heart disease
- People who suffers from high blood pressure
- People who have diagnosed with prediabetes
- People who are overweight or have obesity
- Women have had diagnosed with gestational diabetes and PCOS
What is a Diabetes profile test?
A Diabetic profile test will help you understand your blood sugar level, and will also help you determine whether you have disease related to your blood sugar level. The disease are:
- Type 1 diabetes: Type 1 diabetes develops when your body is not producing enough insulin, or your body declines to produce insulin at all. Although, this type of diabetes can arise at any point in your life. But basically this happens from childhood, which is why it is also known as juvenile diabetes. People who are affected with this type of diabetes, require to take insulin doses everyday.
- Type 2 diabetes: Most people are affected with this type 2 diabetes. Unlike type 1 diabetes, in type 2 diabetes your body will succeed in making little insulin but your body cells will not react to insulin. This type mostly affects adults, and can also be seen in children. Certain lifestyle factors and genetic issues can contribute to this.
- Gestational diabetes: This is a kind of diabetes which only occurs in women at the time of pregnancy, and there is some chance that the patient can also develop type 2 diabetes in the future.
- Prediabetes: when your blood glucose level is high but not as high as to be judged as diabetes, this situation is called the prediabetic stage. In the upcoming few years, without any proper treatment, prediabetes may turn into diabetes.
Why should you buy the Thyrocare diabetes package?
A Thyrocare diabetes package offers you 67 fundamental tests, which will give you the entire information regarding your blood glucose level. The diabetes test includes:
- Four tests regarding diabetes
- Two tests regarding the electrolytes levels
- Three tests regarding the iron levels
- Eight tests concerning your lipid levels e
- Eleven tests concerning your liver
- Eight tests concerning your kidney
- Three tests about your thyroid
- Twenty eight hemogram tests
So, preferring thyrocare will be a clever choice, as this will not only determine whether you have any type of diabetes, this will also cover much needed information regarding your kidney, liver, lipids, thyroid, and complete blood counts.
When should you go for the test?
Usually, your doctors will prefer this test if they suspect that you have diabetes, or if you are showing diabtic symptoms. And here the thing is how do you know that you have developed diabetes? What are the symptoms of this? The typical symptoms are mentioned under:
- Unexplained weight loss
- Frequent urge of peeing
- Increased appetite and thirst
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing cuts
- Tingling sensation in hands and feet
Typically, type 1 diabetes symptoms are quite severe and arise fast as compared to type 2 diabetes. The type 2 diabetes symptoms start to appear quite lately.
What will be the cost?
The diabetic profile test price is very pocket-friendly, and as compared to its low price, it is offering you 67 essential tests.
What sample will be required?
For this test, simple blood and urine samples will be required.
Do you need any test preparations?
Fasting might be needed depending on the type of diabetes you have been recommended to take. However, you can consult your doctor for any special test guidance.
Is there any risk of taking this test?
To diagnose any diseases, blood tests are a must need. In any blood test, at the time of collecting blood you will feel the sensation in that injected place. The place might get bruised and you feel pain, but all that uneasiness will go away in the next one or two days.
The reference ranges might vary from laboratory to laboratory. The reference ranges of every tested level will be mentioned in the test result. However, it is advisable to seek opinion from your doctor to understand what the test result indicates for you.