This test is a specific type of blood test. Apolipoprotein-B is a type of protein that can not get dissolved in the blood itself. Apolipoprotein-B blood test helps to measure the amount of Apolipoprotein-B in the blood. Most of the time, this test is run to detect the potential risks of heart diseases. This test is recommended for you too if you are having a family history of cardiovascular diseases. Going for this test for once in 6 months is recommended. A 9-12 hours of fasting is required before appearing for the test. No other preparations are needed. You just need to follow the instructions given by your doctor. Test results may vary depending upon gender, age and health condition.
What is the apolipoprotein B test?
The Apolipoprotein B test is used to assess the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases by measuring the amount of apolipoprotein B in the blood.
When to get tested?
Your doctor may suggest this test,
- If you have a family medical history of heart diseases
- If you have formerly been diagnosed with heart disease
- If you have blood cholesterol level
A blood sample will be drawn from a vein in your arm by a medical expert. An Apolipoprotein B test price is reasonable.
No special preparation is needed to appear in this test. An Apolipoprotein B test cost is not high.
- A high APOB level may indicate that you are at a high risk of developing heart diseases. Besides, a high APOB level can occur due to some health conditions, such as diabetes, kidney disease, hypothyroidism, and pregnancy.
- A low APOB level may indicate some diseases including apolipoprotein B deficiency, hyperthyroidism, malnutrition cirrhosis, reye syndrome, and severe sickness.
However, do ask your doctor what your test result means. You can find an Apolipoprotein B test online as well.