What is Apolipoprotein- A1 test?
Apolipoprotein test helps to diagnose Apo-A1 deficiency, It helps to determine your risk of getting cardiovascular disease (CVD), and to screen the usefulness of lifestyle changes or lipid treatment.
When to be examined?
- When you doctor suspects you are developing a heart disease
- If you have low level of high density lipoprotein
- High cholesterol
- Family history of CVD
- Or if your doctor wants monitor the effectiveness of lipid treatment or lifestyle changes
- Then you have to take this test. The Apolipoprotein Apo-A1 test is very reasonable.
A blood sample will be taken from your arm. Apolipoprotein Apo-A1 test book online facilities are available.
You might need to fast for 12 hours or more, follow your healthcare provider’s instructions.
Apo-A1 level may increase with
- Use of statins
- Consuming drugs such as estrogens, ethanol, oral contraceptives, carbamazepine, niacin etc.
- Physical activities
- Weight loss
Apo-A1 level may decrease with
- Use of drugs such as Synthetic progesterone, androgens, beta blocker, diuretics
- Acute kidney disease
Although, it is always better to ask your healthcare provider what the result indicates. Find Apolipoprotein Apo-A1 test near you to get your test done.