This one is also one of the major tests. Apolipoprotein-A1 is a type of protein that gets generated because of lipid breakdown. This test is mainly run to measure the amount of Apolipoprotein-B in blood. This test also helps to determine the risks of heart diseases. If you are having a family history of heart diseases, then you must go for this test. Besides, determining the level of Apolipoprotein-A1 in the blood is also a main objective of this test. You may need to fast for a long span of time before appearing for this test. No other preparations are required. You just need to follow the instructions given by your doctor. The test results may vary depending upon gender, age or health condition.
What is Apolipoprotein- A1 test?
Apolipoprotein test helps to diagnose Apo-A1 deficiency, It helps to determine your risk of getting cardiovascular disease (CVD), and to screen the usefulness of lifestyle changes or lipid treatment.
When to be examined?
- When you doctor suspects you are developing a heart disease
- If you have low level of high density lipoprotein
- High cholesterol
- Family history of CVD
- Or if your doctor wants monitor the effectiveness of lipid treatment or lifestyle changes
- Then you have to take this test. The Apolipoprotein Apo-A1 test is very reasonable.
A blood sample will be taken from your arm. Apolipoprotein Apo-A1 test book online facilities are available.
You might need to fast for 12 hours or more, follow your healthcare provider’s instructions.
Apo-A1 level may increase with
- Use of statins
- Consuming drugs such as estrogens, ethanol, oral contraceptives, carbamazepine, niacin etc.
- Physical activities
- Weight loss
Apo-A1 level may decrease with
- Use of drugs such as Synthetic progesterone, androgens, beta blocker, diuretics
- Acute kidney disease
Although, it is always better to ask your healthcare provider what the result indicates. Find Apolipoprotein Apo-A1 test near you to get your test done.