The purpose of an Adrenocorticotropic Hormone test is to diagnose hypopituitarism, Cushing’s syndrome, Cushing’s disease, and addison disease by measuring the amount of adrenocorticotropic hormone in your blood. Adrenocorticotropic Hormone test price is Rs. 750.
When to get tested?
If you are having symptoms of too much or too little cortisol, and hypopituitarism, then you might have this test. The symptoms of too much cortisol are:
- Increased body hair
- Muscle weakness
- Weight gain
- Fat build ups in the shoulder areas
- Purple or pink stretch marks in the breast, abdomen, and thigh areas
- Skin that bruises very easily
The symptoms of too little cortisol are:
- Abdomen ache
- Carvings of salt
- Weight loss
The symptoms of hypopituitarism are:
- Lack of appetite
- Oversensitivity to cold
- Loss of body hair in men
- Inconsistent menstrual period and fertility in women
- Lower sex drive in botha nd women and men
A small amount of blood will be collected through a vein in your hand. The Adrenocorticotropic Hormone test price is low.
You might need to fast (no eating and drinking) the previous night before appearing for the test. The Adrenocorticotropic Hormone test cost is not high.
Your doctor might compare the ACTH test result with the cortisol test results.
- High ACTH and cortisol levels might indicate Cushing’s syndrome.
- Low ACTH and cortisol levels might indicate hypopituitarism.
- High ACTH and low cortisol level might indicate Addison disease.
- Low ACTH and high cortisol level might indicate Cushing’s syndrome or a tumor in the adrenal gland.
However, do consult with your doctor about what the test results mean for you. You can now book an Adrenocorticotropic Hormone test online to get yourself tested.