Covid-19 Test in Madurai
COVID RT-PCR Test in Madurai
Metropolis in Madurai provides home collection facility for COVID RT-PCR testing. RT PCR test cost in Madurai is Rs. 1200 (Govt. Fixed Price). Book covid test at home madurai and get your test done from the comfort of your home
COVID Antibody Test
Antibody IgG @ Rs. 400 | Antibody GT Profile @ Rs. 700
Know whether you have met this invisible enemy already or not yet. Book the Antibody test to know your immune status.
Neutralizing Antibody Test @ Rs. 500
This test confirm if you’ve produced antibodies against COVID-19 after recovery from COVID-19 or post vaccination.
Post Covid Checkup Packages
This test detects current health status after recovery from COVID-19
Infection Checkup Profile @ Rs. 2800
This profile detects the most potential immune markers. Includes CBC, HSCRP, D-Dimer, LDH, INTERLEUKIN-6, PROCALCITONIN, FERRITIN, SGOT, SGPT
Covid-19 Test in Madurai
- Madurai Medical College, Madurai
- Meenakshi Labs Madurai A unit of Sunmed Healthcare Pvt Ltd, 2nd Floor, Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Centre, Madurai
- Lab Services, Apollo Speciality Hospitals, P 3, KK Nagar East 1st Street, Madurai
- Velammal medical College Hospital & RI, Anuppanadi , Madurai
- Endocare Diagnostic Centre, No. 128, East 5th Street, K.K.Nagar, Madurai
- Bharathi Diagnostics (A unit of Bharathi Hospitals), 95/1, Alagar Kovil Road, Madurai
- Agam Diagnostics, Ground FLoor, Plot No 17-R-1, 120 Feet Road, Vivekananda Nagar, Sambakulam, Madurai
- Molecular Diagnosis, A Unit of Preethi Hospital Pvt Ltd, No 50 Melur Main Road, Uthangudi, Madurai
- Vadamalayan Hospitals-Laboratory, Vadamalayan hospitals Pvt Ltd., 9A, Vallabai road, Chokkikulam, Madurai
- Life Care Diagnostics, 11, Vaidhiyanatha Iyer 1st Street, Shenoy Nagar, Madurai
- Hitech Diagnostic Centre, (a Unit of Dr.Ganesan's Hitech Diagnostic Centre Pvt Ltd.,), No : 9, Abdul Kabarkhan Road, Chinna Chokkikulam, Madura
- Accurex Diagnostics, No 521, Ragini, 11 East Cross Street, Anna Nagar, Madurai
- Vivek Laboratories, Guru Hospital, No.4/120F, Pandikovil, Ring Road, Mattuthavani, Madurai
- Primegen Healthcare Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., Al Waaris Avenue, No 151, 1st Floor, East 5th Street, A.R. Hospital Road, K.K. Nagar, Madurai
What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.
The prime symptoms of Covid 19
- Dry Cough
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
How Does Coronavirus spread?
This virus mainly spreads through physical contact with any affected person. When an infected person coughs, the virus gets released from the affected person’s body through small droplets and sticks in objects or surfaces. When a person unknowingly touches the floors or objects, then the virus gets transmitted to that person. The virus can mainly spread in several ways, such as,
- Mass gathering
- Shaking hands or hugging any affected person
- Sharing food items
- Touching objects or surfaces where the presence of coronavirus is possible
How to Prevent
- Avoid all kinds of physical contact with people as much as possible
- Use alcohol based hand sanitizers and wash your hands regularly in a proper manner.
- Stay away from smoking or any such activities that may cause harm to lungs.
- Wear a face mask while roaming.
- In case you are suffering from cough and sneeze, cover your nose completely.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1 metre from any person sneezing or coughing.
- Do not touch your face, mouth, nose or eyes until your hands are well-washed.
- Avoid unnecessary travelling as much as possible.
- If your business is not vitally important, stay home.
What is Covid RT-PCR Test?
RT-PCR means Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction. A Covid 19 RT PCR Test is considered to be most effective test that can identify the virus that causes COVID-19. Nasal and throat swabs of an individual are collected under the observation of a healthcare practitioner.
When do you need an RT-PCR Test for Covid 19?
- Symtoms: If you have any of the Covid symptoms (Sore throat, Dry Cough, Fever, Tiredness, Breathlessness, Loss of taste or smell)
- Travel purpose: You are travelling and need a confirmatory test
- Doctor advice: Your doctor suspects you have Covid and advises this test
Very unfortunately, there are no such kinds of treatments that have been officially declared as a cure for Covid-19. To be necessarily mentioned, WHO does not recommend any self-medication including any type of antibiotics.
However, the affected people must be kept isolated. Apart from that, any suspected person growing the symptoms of Covid-19 must be hospitalized instantly with complete guidance of healthcare professionals.
Note: People who have already noticed any mild symptoms in spite of having zero noticeable physical issues should also isolate themselves or immediately consult their medical service provider or any Covid-19 help centre to have complete guidance in this regard. To be specific, people with cough, fever or breathing issues should get in touch with any medical specialist quickly.
READ CORONAVIRUS FAQs