Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
What is cardiovascular disease?
A number of health conditions that affect the cardiovascular system are referred to as cardiovascular disease. In simple words, diseases that affect the heart and arteries are called cardiovascular diseases.
What are the most known cardiovascular diseases?
- Congestive heart failure or heart failure: Heart failure is a life-long condition where your heart fails to pump blood adequately as per your body’s need. This condition may get worse over time if not treated well.
- Coronary artery disease: Coronary artery disease (CAD) is one of the most common cardiovascular diseases which mainly affects the blood vessels that deliver blood to your heart. Plaque builds up and blocks the coronary arteries. The main symptom of coronary artery disease is chest pain.
- Congenital heart disease: Congenital heart disease is a congenital heart defect that is present from birth, which affects heart walls, heart valves and blood vessels. There are several types of congenital heart disease, and the symptoms of this disease depend on the types and the severity of the condition. Those who have this disease, have to see a cardiologist throughout their life.
- Valvular heart disease or Valve disease: Our heart has four valves, and the valve disease occurs when one or more of your valves are not working properly as they should.
- Arrhythmia: Arrhythmia is a heart condition which occurs when your heart’s electrical system fails to work appropriately. This leads to irregular heartbeat or heart rate.
- Peripheral artery disease: The blockages in the blood vessels of arms, legs and abdominal organs is considered as peripheral artery disease.
- Deep vein thrombosis: When blood clots form in the deep veins of your body, this condition is specified as deep vein thrombosis. This disease mainly affects the legs which may cause swelling in the legs.
- Pericardial disease: Pericardial disease mainly occurs when there is damage in the lining of your heart.
- Aortic aneurysm: Aorta is the largest blood vessel in our body. The bulge in the wall of the aorta is called an aortic aneurysm.
- Cerebrovascular disease: Blockage in the blood vessels which delivers blood to the brain is called cerebrovascular disease.
What are the signs of cardiovascular diseases?
The common signs of cardiovascular diseases are as follows:
- Severe chest pain
- Difficulties in breathing
- Rapid or slowed heartbeats
What is a cardiac profile test?
A cardiac profile test helps to detect any cardiovascular disease by measuring several cardiac enzymes.
When should I go for this test in Noida?
It is needed to take a cardiac profile test, if you have any of the under mentioned risk factors:
- Have a family history of heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Chronic kidney disease
- Lack of physical exercise
- Alcohol abuse
Do I need to fast for a cardiac profile test?
Yes. You need to fast for 10 to 12 hours before the test, only water is permitted.
What samples will be needed?
A blood sample will be needed to perform this test. A medical professional will collect the blood in a container to perform this profile test.
What is the cost of a cardiac profile test in Noida?
The costs of our cardiac profile test packages begin from Rs. 2500 only.
Do you offer home sample collection facilities in Noida?
Yes, you can avail the home sample collection service in Noida.