General signs and symptoms of kidney disease : everything you should know
Posted By Suborna Fermi
Posted on May 20, 2022
Now-a-days most adults have kidney disease. Our kidneys have several vital body functions. One of the main jobs of the kidneys is to filter wastes and extra fluids from the blood. Kidney disease happens when your body loses its filtering ability.
However, kidney signs or symptoms do not appear at the early stage, it starts to appear at the later stages.A kidney function test would be very effective to determine whether your kidney is functioning properly. Kidney function test price is not very high. Here are all the primary signs and symptoms of kidney disease discussed below.
Physical signs of kidney disease:
- Fatigue: Our kidney helps to produce red blood cells and carries oxygen in every part of the body. Fatigue can be caused due to the buildup of metabolic waste in your blood. Decreased red blood cells can contribute to anemia.
- Nausea and vomiting: With a kidney disorder, you may get nauseated quite often. Because of metabolic buildup in the blood, vomiting can occur.
- Issues regarding urination: As we know, our kidneys main function is urine production. With kidney disorder, many issues with urination may happen. Such concerns are pain during urination, frequent urge to pee, reduced urine production, blood in urine, cloudy or foamy urine.
- Back ache: Kidney pain can be felt in the back of the body, especially at the middle of the back, underneath the rib cage.
- Itchy and dry skin: Healthy kidney helps in maintaining the right amount of minerals in your body. With kidney disorder, your kidney cannot maintain the minerals and nutrients levels, for which your skin may get itchy as well as dry.
- Swelling: Our kidneys take out the extra fluids and wastes in our body, and when our kidneys cannot remove them, they build up in our body. These fluid build ups can cause swelling around the face, hands, ankles, feet, and legs. The swelling can also arise in the lungs, and under the eyes. Swelling can cause shortness of breath.
- Poor appetite: Low appetite is one of the very common signs of kidney disease, which can cause weight loss and lack nutrition.
Aside from all these, muscle cramp is also a sign of kidney disease. People with high blood pressure and diabetes are more prone to kidney disease. Kidney diseases can also occur due to heredity. Do consult with a doctor if you notice any symptoms of kidney disease, they might give you a KFT test to detect any kidney issues.